Click on | ![]() |
to Parallel-eye viewing. |
Click on | ![]() |
to Cross-eyed viewing. |
Click on | ![]() |
to Anaglyph viewing. |
New gate | Main gate | Pillars of gate | Miei-do hall | Amitabha hall |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Buke-mon gate | Karamon gate | Reception hall | Santei garden | Seishi-do hall |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Mausoleum | Lotus pond | Grate bell tower | Kuromon gate | Sapindus mukorossi |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
Chion-in temple is the headquarters of the Jodo sect founded by Honen (1133-1212). The original temple was built in 1234 by Honen's disciple, Genchi (1183-1238) in memory of his master and was named Chion-in. Numerous buildings in the complex were burnt down in 1633, but were entirely rebuilt by the third Tokugawa shogun Iemitsu (1604-1651) with the palatial structures that stand today.
All Right Reserved.
No reproduction or republication without written permission. p>